O3UV Less than 20 LBS Protocol
Items to Consider:
- Approximately 1 ml of blood/saline mixture should be used per pound.
- Mixture will be 80% – 90% saline, 10% – 20% blood
- Run mixture at 360 ml/hour past UV light using infusion pump with the Chimp UV or 800 ml/hour using the Gorilla UV.
- The 6″ Chimp cuvette holds about 18 ml of fluid.
- 6” Chimp cuvette
- 0.9% saline solution
- anticoagulant (optional)
- butterfly needle
- hypodermic needle
- 30 – 60 cc syringe
- Clamp (plastic hemostat)
- Insulin Syringe for anticoagulant
- IV Admin Set w/site chamber and roller clamp
Step 1: DVD (2:30) Draw up ozone into syringe. Connect needle and draw in saline.
Step 2: DVD (3:50) Remove needle. Connect butterfly needle and draw blood from the patient using same syringe.
Step 3: DVD (4:40) Hold cuvette upright and connect syringe to cuvette before infusing line with blood/saline mixture. Once line is full, clamp off using plastic hemo
Step 4: DVD (6:10) Insert the line into the infusion pump, shut door to pump and start Chimp UV machine.
Step 5: DVD (6:45) Make sure that pump is set correctly (360 ml/h) and then begin pumping process.
Step 6: DVD (7:10) Turn machine off. Remove line from infusion pump and machine. Remove clamp, remove cap on cuvette and hold cuvette upright as the line is primed.
Step 7: DVD (7:35) Clamp off on cuvette tubing and connect syringe to the line. Draw up the blood into syringe and re-infuse back into the patient.